The Black Room (Poem by Ismael Plet, Sketch by Josh Buckley)





The Black Room

Sitting in front of the zebra in silence.
I approach closer to the other side,
Unnoticeable.
I swiftly move my pieces with an elegance.
Every step is precisely calculated.
I know that one mistake will be the end.
I cleverly and immaculately play the game.
I smirk,
I persuade the opponent into thinking that I am a zebra.
The taste of victory
Gallops next to the knights, and the shops.
Nothing less but finishing at the top.
The Zebra arrives.
I turn into a black lion with manes of fire.
My heartbeat is visible in the veins of my eyes.
Stunned, not believing that I captured the king,
I take a deep breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings (Poem by Pierson Van Trigt, Sketch by Georgia Mugisha)

Alone (Poem by Hunt Bailey, Sketch by Will Orchowski)

Feline (Poem by Drew Tompkins, Sketch by Mia Hinderman)