VES poets seeing the world for its beauty, for its strangeness...
Misery (Poem by Janiera Carr, Sketch by Grayson Gondi)
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Misery
Her mind forms clouds As the gentle breeze brings butterflies That take her to misery-- Drowning in thoughts of those That give her jitters and tingles.
Wings What did man do when they saw the first butterfly? Did they swat it away and break its wings like my dog, Or did they admire the stripes and colors on its back? When I first saw a butterfly, I’ve been told that I tried to eat it, the black and orange stripes Must have reminded me of the candy corn I had eaten during Halloween. Part of me Still remembers my mom’s screams As I tried to take a bite out of a tasty looking wing.
Alone The town is gone. The state is gone. The country is gone. Everything is gone, except for the three red trees. I do not want to die like this. There are sounds coming from the red trees. Click-Clack. Click-Clack, then a long burrrrrrrrr. The stars and moon have disappeared, I do not want to die like this. The trees suck up all of our purpose And spit out the leftovers of what they Don't want. They want to shine. I do not want to die like this.
Feline If there is anything we share with house cats, it is our innate disregard for the known; our pessimistic outlook which disallows us to see the constant good of everyday. A black cat stares intently at a candle’s flame, evaluating whether to take a closer look. Consumed by curiosity, the cat is blind to the surrounding good. Spring flowers, butterflies, and green grass all go undetected to the cat’s narrow fixation.
Great job, I really like how the poem changes feeling and tone so quickly!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, I really like how the poem changes feeling and tone so quickly! - Louise Sprunt
ReplyDelete